Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spilt Velouté

Hey y’all. I decided about three hours ago that I should get some good sleep tonight, but alas here I am rambling on about my life. There have been some developments, nothing huge, but I don’t really want to be up all night explaining the new change in life so yeah. If you want to know and have my digits; hit me up and we can talk.

My first school term is over. It’s kind of nice to have a week off for spring break even though I don’t get to do anything wild or crazy. I’m in Atlanta…nuff said. I’ve been hanging out with some cool people lately. Going to bars and such. I didn’t think I would have made this good of friends in four months, so I guess that proves anything is possible.

I’ve become a little more open with my brother. As I wrote in previous posts, we have had a really hard time communicating, but our problems seem to be over. Go figure. It’s kind of nice to be able to talk to someone who’s family. We like a lot of the same TV shows, so we watch those together. And I kick his ass in Jeopardy. I’m a trivia aimed person. The more useless the information…the better!

Work is going well. I’ve been getting more hours, which is nice. All of the people there are really nice, and they all love me; I work my ass off and speak English. NUFF SAID. I would rather not work while going to school…maybe I wouldn’t have gotten a “B” this past class, but there’s no use crying over spilt velouté.

I added an “app” in the side bar. It’s a place you can ask me questions, and I will try my best to answer them. Also there’s a Facebook link in the sidebar. Hit me up, and we can chat!

Love you guys! Have a good weekend and an AWESOME spring break.

A+ et biz!

Nick B.

3 comments:

  1. "Nothing huge," huh? Ba! But hey, you're not supposed to be allowed in bars yet, mister! JK.
    Explain what veloute is...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velouté is a sauce. It is usually made from chicken or veal stock. It is one of the five mother sauces of French cooking. There is Béchamel, Espagnole, Tomato, Hollandaise, and Velouté. Velouté is the most versatile as it can be turned into many secondary sauces such as the Sûpreme, Sauce Vin Blanc, and the ever so useful Allemande.

    Question answered? :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or I will cry!